i7-3770 Mining Optimization

Show us your machine or share your optimal settings!
Forum rules
Anything about Riecoin mining goes here! A type of topic are threads about a CPU type. Only post your optimal parameters or show your machine in such topic and create a new one if there is no topic about your CPU, following the same scheme as the current ones. Otherwise you can also discuss about things like the profitability in general or other mining related subjects.
Different CPUs models should be discussed on the same topic if they are of the same architecture, have the same number of cores, and the same cache sizes, for example the 2700X and 3700X will have different topics, while the 3770K and the 3770 should be discussed on the same topic.
Do not talk about the mining software (suggestions, bug reports,...), go to the rieMiner's topic for this.
No technical support here as well, go to the Help subforum.
Discussions about current Riecoin mining pools must go to the Pools subforum.
JesseJames

i7-3770 Mining Optimization

Post by JesseJames »

Alright hopefully someone can help me get the most out of an i7-3770 non K. Setting up the miner seems more complicated compared to other coins I've mined before so Its been a struggle setting up the config but with some minor messing around I've gotten these results .

Threads = 4
SieveWorkers = 2

4560.19 c/s

Now it seems I'm missing values for SieveBits , Difficulty , PrimeTableLimit , SieveIterations and SieveWorkers so mostly everything

I did some reading on the Benchmarking and Tuning page but I'm completely lost. From what I see on task manager is the cpu is being underused . Pc has 10gb of ddr3 of ram so I know that also effect performance to some degree . Hopefully someone can help me tune the config a bit more
DeKon

Re: i7-3770 Mining Optimization

Post by DeKon »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your i7 is 3rd Generation and therefore a bit old. No AVX2 support.
But with its 8 threads you should be able to get a little more out of it.
You don't have to adjust the difficulty except in search mode.

For the start, no need to modify your PrimeTableLimit and SieveIterations.
Start by putting your 8 threads, and test with different values ​​in SieveBits between 4 and 6 and SieveWorkers between 20 and 23.