INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION HELP

The technical support subforum.
Forum rules
Do you have trouble running Riecoin software? To integrate Riecoin software in your project? Not sure where to start for your next Riecoin project? Ask here!
Be sure to give details about your issues, and more importantly to have properly read the instructions! Do some investigation first, tell us what you have tried to do so far, show us your configuration files if applicable,...
Requests that show no effort from your side will get you a caution Image.
Maurin

INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION HELP

Post by Maurin »

Hello good, today I just discovered this cryptocurrency and I want to mine it, I download the miner and the wallet, but I do not know how to install it, I looked at the guide on the web and I do not understand some things.
For example is it necessary to disable the firewall and antivirus to mine? or open ports because those things I don't know how to do !!
Then when installing the wallet it asked me to download blocks from 8 years ago and so a thousand doubts haha I hope you can help me!
DeKon

Re: INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION HELP

Post by DeKon »

Hi,
For helping you i need to know if you are on Windows or Linux ?
Have you download the bootstrap ?
Just Here : https://riecoin.dev/en/File:Riecoin_Blockchain.zip
How many PC you want to use ? 1 or more ?
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 54.974

Post by Pttn »

Welcome to Riecoin :D !

Normally you should be fine with the firewalls. On Windows there may be a dialog asking if you want to allow Riecoin-Qt, just allow.
If the wallet is stuck with a message like "Connecting to peers..." or "0 active connections", in many cases it is because the firewall is blocking connections. So the guide hints the user to look there first. If you are seeing more than 0 active connections while hovering the bottom right icon then you are fine.

It is indeed going to download the whole blockchain since 2014 so do not be surprised about this. The bootstrap can also be used as mentioned in the guide so it only has to download blocks from a few weeks instead of 7 years.

Once the wallet is synced, read the guide about Solo Mining. https://riecoin.dev/en/rieMiner/Solo_Mining
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Maurin

Post by Maurin »

Thanks for your answers, I want to mine with 1 single pc since it is my first time mining a crypto.
Do not download boostrap, from what I understood downloading that I do not have to download the 2014 blocks but only the last ones?
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

Yes, if you don't use the bootstrap, it will take 1-2 day to download and verify all the blocks since 2014. If you use the bootstrap, it will start from the last ones and take much less time, and you will be able to solo mine sooner. Or you could also do pooled mining without having to wait for the wallet to sync, as long as you have a Riecoin address.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Maurin

Post by Maurin »

Recommended grouped or solitary mining?
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

If you have a weak CPU (say less than 4 Cores), you should do Pooled Mining.
Else, it is a matter of preference. You should try both yourself and choose the one you prefer.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator