Recover RICs from a deleted wallet

The technical support subforum.
Forum rules
Do you have trouble running Riecoin software? To integrate Riecoin software in your project? Not sure where to start for your next Riecoin project? Ask here!
Be sure to give details about your issues, and more importantly to have properly read the instructions! Do some investigation first, tell us what you have tried to do so far, show us your configuration files if applicable,...
Requests that show no effort from your side will get you a caution Image.
Lunelek

Recover RICs from a deleted wallet

Post by Lunelek »

Please I would like to know if it is possible to recover RICs from a deleted wallet. I mistakenly overwrote my Riecoin wallet containing roughly 420 RIC, and I would like to have pointers on how to recover the wallet, since it appears that there was were no seed phrases emitted during wallet creation. Is it possible to provide the wallet address and have my RIC confirmed from the chain and recovered into another wallet address that I own?

Thanks.

(Pttn: Moved from Tuning rieMiner for the Second Fork)
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 54.979

Re: Recover RICs from a deleted wallet

Post by Pttn »

Hello, please post in the correct Subforum. This has absolutely nothing to do with Mining and the topic in which you posted so I have to caution you in accordance with the Forum Rules Image.

Sorry for your loss. If you deleted the Wallet.dat, your only hope would be to use a software like PhotoRec to attempt a recovery of the Wallet.dat file, but it is very likely that it has already been overwritten by some other data and is no longer recoverable. Please make backups next time.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Lunelek

Post by Lunelek »

Thanks. I checked and there was no system restore enabled. I was trying to move my wallet file to a different machine and somehow accidentally overwrote it with the empty wallet file on the new one.
I will be more careful next time.
In the meantime I hope RIC gets listed on the MTC Exchange, and on Binance/BSC!
Lunelek

Post by Lunelek »

Pttn wrote: 2021-04-08 10:50:46 Hello, please post in the correct Subforum. This has absolutely nothing to do with Mining and the topic in which you posted so I have to caution you in accordance with the Forum Rules Image.

Sorry for your loss. If you deleted the Wallet.dat, your only hope would be to use a software like PhotoRec to attempt a recovery of the Wallet.dat file, but it is very likely that it has already been overwritten by some other data and is no longer recoverable. Please make backups next time.
Thanks, Pttn.