Broadcom BCM2711 (Raspberry Pi 4)

Show us your machine or share your optimal settings!
Forum rules
Anything about Riecoin mining goes here! A type of topic are threads about a CPU type. Only post your optimal parameters or show your machine in such topic and create a new one if there is no topic about your CPU, following the same scheme as the current ones. Otherwise you can also discuss about things like the profitability in general or other mining related subjects.
Different CPUs models should be discussed on the same topic if they are of the same architecture, have the same number of cores, and the same cache sizes, for example the 2700X and 3700X will have different topics, while the 3770K and the 3770 should be discussed on the same topic.
Do not talk about the mining software (suggestions, bug reports,...), go to the rieMiner's topic for this.
No technical support here as well, go to the Help subforum.
Discussions about current Riecoin mining pools must go to the Pools subforum.
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 81.522

Broadcom BCM2711 (Raspberry Pi 4)

Post by Pttn »

Share your experience here if you also mine with such ARM CPU, which is in particular used in the Raspberry Pi 4.

Here are good settings for the current Difficulties if you wish to mine with a Raspberry Pi 4. It should work even for the 2 GiB model, unless you are running other memory intensive applications (if so, reduce the PrimeTableLimit).

Code: Select all

Threads = 4
PrimeTableLimit = 1073741824
SieveWorkers = 2
SieveBits = 22
You should earn about 5 RIC/day at Difficulties around 900 if there are no other CPU intensive application.

Other tips:
  • To run rieMiner on your Raspberry Pi, you must build it yourself using the Light code;
  • You should use a 64 bits OS as a 32 bits rieMiner will mine about 75% slower;
  • You should use a good heatsink as the CPU would overheat while mining. The one pictured works well and in my case even handles an overclock to 1.6 GHz; don't use tiny heatsinks. There is no much point in getting fans but you can if you really want to mine at 2 GHz and earn an extra RIC per day, and don't mind the noise...;
  • Mining with a wired connection is recommended, for some reason I always have issues with the Raspberry Pi's Wifi...
Attachments
Raspberry Pi 4 with Heatsink
Raspberry Pi 4 with Heatsink
Raspberry Pi 4.jpg (179.32 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator