Riecoin Core 0.21 released, new records, and more!

Make sure to follow them regularly!
Forum rules
Official Riecoin news. Only Riecoin Core Members can create topics, but every member can react to the news. Topics are locked after about 30 days.
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 81.509

Riecoin Core 0.21 released, new records, and more!

Post by Pttn »

Riecoin Core 0.21 is out. This version is not as critical as 0.20 that brought the Hard Fork, but it incorporates important upgrades from Bitcoin, in particular the highly anticipated Taproot/Schnorr Signatures Soft Fork. Please upgrade to 0.21 in order to benefit from the latest features and ensure a smooth Soft Fork that will prepare us for future improvements. Upgrading from 0.20 is straightforward and no particular precaution should be taken, though we will always remind you to make backups of your wallets. You can learn more about this version on the dedicated topic.

GitHub repository
Binaries

That is not all. Since the Hard Fork, we beat the prime 9-tuplet record four times! You can explore the tuples found since the Fork in our newly created Constellation Explorer. Start mining RIC, spread the word, and have fun competing with other Riecoin miners! Remember that you can earn bounties if you find some interesting tuplets!

Be sure to check out rieMiner-Qt, providing an user friendly interface making Riecoin mining even easier. Available in Windows, Linux, and even Android! It was written by DeKon.

Finally, say welcome to the latest Riecoin Pool, riecoinpool.sytes.net!
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Lunelek

Re: Riecoin Core 0.21 released, new records, and more!

Post by Lunelek »

Yayyy! Looking forward to finding some tuplets myself.
TheRealCharlesMorris
Beginner
Beginner
Miner Score: 313.866

Post by TheRealCharlesMorris »

Will you supply packages for Apple OSX on Intel and M1?

@Pttn
DeKon

Post by DeKon »

No, not OS X version planned.
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

OsX x64 should be doable via Gitian Building, though an Apple account is required to download a Sdk.
For M1 you will probably have to build yourself.

I don't have access to any Apple machine to do builds and tests so for now I will not make Apple binaries, but if a Mac user from the community could provide them, that would be welcomed.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
ghost14
Beginner
Beginner
Miner Score: 3.047

Post by ghost14 »

I'm glad this coin's still actively developed, I thought it was dead. Back then in 2014 Riecoin was one of the top coins, it's such a waste the original developer let it fade into darkness.

I just got the latest wallet, works perfectly! Nice job Pttn, and for the fork too 👍
I can't mine a lot of RIC but I'll buy and HODL more, it's definitively one of the most underrated coins
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

Welcome to the Forum, Veteran :D !

Yeah, and I often feel that I came too late to support Riecoin... The cryptosphere has become a huge mess and it now is really hard to attract new users and developers :| . If there is someone here that can do some marketing/advertising for Riecoin, that would be much welcomed.

An useful PoW solves the power consumption issues that currently worries a lot of people... No waste if it makes calculations that scientists would do anyway or if it produces results that they may use...
If only the articles bashing Bitcoin and PoW about that at least mentioned this solution existing since 2014...
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

Nice, we reached the 75% during a window of 1 week, and the Taproot Softfork will be activated in a few days!
Thanks to the people who upgraded and supported Taproot! We are ahead Bitcoin!

Code: Select all

"taproot": {
      "type": "bip9",
      "bip9": {
        "status": "locked_in",
        "start_time": 1619827200,
        "timeout": 1623715200,
        "since": 1516032
      },
      "active": false
    }
Riecoin developer