rieWallet - Light and simple Riecoin Wallet

Riecoin projects, proposals, bounties, discussions about existing Riecoin software,...
Forum rules
Discuss about Riecoin projects like software directly using or supporting the Riecoin's network, allowing Riecoin integration in third party services or providing useful applications. For external projects that make use of Riecoin, discuss about this in the External forum (even if your project is not completed).
Post in the subforums below if applicable.
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 80.604

rieWallet - Light and simple Riecoin Wallet

Post by Pttn »

rieWallet is light and simple Riecoin wallet. It makes it very easy to receive and send Riecoins without any setup or blockchain download. This is great for Riecoin beginners or people that don't have a powerful computer.

It is a portable software, no installation needed. You can put the binaries and the key files in a folder of an USB stick and access your funds anywhere, though rieWallet should only be run on trusted computers. Backups are also made very easy as it simply consists in copying a single file.

Advanced users are encouraged to use Riecoin Core to access more features, and leave it open in order to support the Riecoin network.

rieWallet is experimental software and should for now only be used for small transactions.

Riecoin.dev page: https://riecoin.dev/en/rieWallet
Download: https://riecoin.dev/resources/Pttn/rieWallet.php
Source Code: https://github.com/Pttn/rieWallet

Suggestions are welcome here, and please also report bugs here.
However, don't ask for technical help, for this browse the Help subforum or open a new topic there.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 80.604

Re: rieWallet - Light and simple Riecoin Wallet

Post by Pttn »

Okay, finally a Riecoin thin wallet. No more Blockchain download needed, though if you can, please use Riecoin Core and leave it open to support the network.

For now it is pretty basic, but a wallet does not have to be bloated and include tons of features when people just want to receive and send money. I could have forked an existing Bitcoin wallet or so, but felt like it is better to write one from scratch and not carry the weight of legacy stuff. More features will be implemented later over time, and meaningful contributions would of course be welcomed.

rieWallet currently uses a Riecoin.dev Api to fetch the Utxos, but custom servers and server code will eventually be provided.

It was the latest thing I wanted to finish before releasing a new Riecoin Core version.
Though, as DeKon is probably not going to do any more Riecoin development, and did not release the source code of rieMiner-Qt, I will write my own rieMiner Gui. But I already worked a lot and need to take care of my personal situation.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator