[Definitively Closed] CPX Classic

Discuss about exchanges that have Riecoin listed, propose new listings, speculate!
Forum rules
Discussions within the broad theme of Riecoin trading. Significant Riecoin exchanges have a sticky topic.
Of course always do your own research and analysis, and nothing here is to be taken as financial advice.
Invest only what you can afford to lose.

Do not talk about other currencies unless they affect Riecoin trading. This (and the forum) is also not the place to post offers.
Finally, even though we are Riecoiners, please refrain from declarations like "Riecoin will moon" without justification and keep the discussions rational.
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 54.964

[Definitively Closed] CPX Classic

Post by Pttn »

Discuss about the CPX Classic cryptocurrency exchange platform.

RIC/BTC: https://cpxclassic.com/markets/ricbtc
RIC/LTC: https://cpxclassic.com/markets/ricltc
RIC/DOGE: https://cpxclassic.com/markets/ricdoge

Trading Fees: 0.2%
Withdrawal Fees: 0.001 RIC/0.0005 BTC
RIC Deposit Confirmations: 6
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Re: C-Patex

Post by Pttn »

C-Patex upgraded a while ago, but did not inform us about it. However they confirmed it after I asked them about it.
we are currently updated to version 0.20.0.0
All exchanges that have Riecoin listed are now ready for the Fork.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

They are now on 0.21.
Hello, C-Patex has already updated the previous version to your new version Riecoin Core 0.21.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

Hmmm... Not clear if C-Patex was hacked or if just some people using Safari had some kind of malware that stole their credentials... They temporarily closed the site but plan to resume activities this Monday, hopefully it will turn out that they were actually not hacked and that everything will be back to normal. It would be bad news if the number of exchanges listing Riecoin was reduced to 2...
A good reminder that an exchange hack can happen at any time and that you should not store your money on exchanges...
Compromised user credentials

Yesterday we were notified by some users that there was unauthorized access to their accounts.
Almost all old accounts that had no funds.

Today a user said that someone had entered his account, and had withdrawn funds.
The recall fingerprint had the same brand as the user's devices, so we thought it was not true.

A few minutes after this incident, a withdrawal order appeared and we proceeded to review it.
And we found the mark of the hacker who yesterday had tried to access old accounts.

In all cases, these are users who use Apple devices, usually the Safari browser.

We are investigating whether there has been a leak in our 2FA seed and credential database,
or is it a vulnerability that only manifests itself in Safari browsers,
for which the hacker may have obtained not only the password but also the 2FA.

We still do not have an evaluation of the amounts withdrawn,
because we have only received complaints from two users
and we have blocked a withdrawal from a user who has not yet reported the hacking of his account.

As a preventive measure, and pending the completion of the investigation, we have closed the site.
Please apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATE:

The first investigations show that the hacker in some case carried out operations of cancellation of orders and trading,
not just withdrawals, so that it is confirmed that the credentials of the users
have been stolen in some way.

The total losses are approximately 0.1 BTC so there would be no major inconvenience to resume the service
once the corresponding measures are taken.

The measures to be taken include a complete change of passwords and 2FA seeds and a review of the code and logs
as well as all administrative credentials.

Unfortunately we are on the weekend, and our support team could not help all users with key changes and 2FA,
since each one has to be re-validated.
About 400 users enter the site every day.

The plan is to review our software and infrastructure between today and tomorrow and
from Monday open the site and help users regain control of their accounts.
We will keep you informed.

Thank you for your patience
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-05-17 Compromised user credentials.png
(154.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

They are back, things seems Ok, though you need to contact the support manually to reset your passwords.
But the support team is pretty responsive, infinitely better than some large exchanges like Poloniex, or Binance according to the Suprnova tweets...
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

Well, honestly I think that it is over for C-Patex after all their incidents... Like us, they don't have a lot of resources, so I have been pretty forgiving, but this is just too much at this point.
Hopefully people will at least be able to recover funds...
But I guess that my Pats will be worth 0 in all cases :| . I had higher hopes for them...
Most seem to be using SouthXchange or FreiExchange, so it should not be a big loss for Riecoin users in general.
Dear users

We regret to inform you that C-Patex has temporarily closed.

During these four years we have faced all kinds of difficulties and we did the impossible to move forward.

But almost at the end of our first year, in September 2018, we suffered a hack that took 80% of the assets, about 3 BTC + altcoins worth 1 more BTC. We refuse to give up. We put up money and tried to move on.

In mid-2019, another much smaller hack delayed the recovery that we had been having. Additionally, there was a tremendous crisis of confidence in altcoin exchanges from closures like Cryptopia, Coinexchange, Altilly, and more than 150 other exchanges. Altcoin markets slowed noticeably.

We constantly try to improve our security, while we continue to look for solutions and funds to be able to continue building this project as we had dreamed of. The budget was low, because we needed to recover solvency, and the marketing expenses were turned to grant rewards to try to maintain the site with a certain volume that guarantees its continuity.

Unfortunately, in January of this year, our CEO fell ill with Covid and was on the verge of death, hospitalized in intensive care, with an artificial respirator in an induced coma. In this context, the site went down for several days, affecting user confidence, and causing a panic withdrawal of deposits during the following days.

Our CEO is not yet fully recovered, he is weak, he has to undergo numerous studies and treatments for after-effects and that prevents him from managing and driving actions that could improve the situation at this time.

So we are going to stop the site until March 11th.

If users willing to invest appear, with concrete proposals, willing to take risks with us to get this project off the ground, before March 11, then we will reopen the site. We assume that by then our CEO will also be able to work.

We are open to offer remaining PATS or help to list a new token to potential investors. We need at least 1 BTC to make the platform operative again.

If March 11 has not changed the situation. Unfortunately, we will have to start a liquidation process, firstly returning funds to verified users with identity documents, and secondly trying to identify the rest of the anonymous users.

The team of C-Patex
Attachments
C-PatEx Temporarily Closed 2022-02-14.png
(323.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
ghost14
Beginner
Beginner
Miner Score: 3.047

Post by ghost14 »

I don't get why they're closing like that, they're shooting themselves in the feet. At least they should allow people to withdraw.
Fortunately I wasn't using this exchange, it always looked buggy to me for some reason
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

Apparently they did get some help, ruled out the closing, and plan to open 5 days earlier.
With their wording, how they suddenly closed the site, and the 1 Btc demand, it sounded like it was a lost cause...
It reminded me of another exchange with Riecoin listed which also suddenly closed (though they did allow people to withdraw for some time) and asked for 3 Btc or so to reopen... No wonder that it never reopened.

But indeed, it is never good when an exchange closes like that and hold funds hostage... I hope that they have some plans to make the exchange more resilient by distributing the work, it looks like the CEO was in charge of everything, so of course if he becomes ill...

Let's see if they do reopen on March 6 unlike last month where their "couple of days" have become a whole week. That would be a good first to regain trust.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

C-Patex is back!
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Post by Pttn »

Always the quickest to make the upgrades, maybe they even upgraded to 22.03 before I contact them!
Thank you very much! The information has already been transmitted to the technical team. Thanks.
The others still have not upgraded or even replied. This might make me close my eyes to that closure...
Not sure if the other exchanges will actually upgrade since for them, there is no real changes from 0.21. But it is better to make incremental upgrades rather than skip too many versions.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Re: CPX Classic

Post by Pttn »

C-Patex was rebranded to CPX Classic for some reason...
Well, hopefully that means that they have some plans to expand their exchange and increase significantly the volume...
Regarding that, I am not really convinced by their CPX Swap thing...
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff

Re: CPX Classic

Post by Pttn »

CPX Classic is now closed for good...
However, they say that some community members are creating a new exchange to succeed it, supported by the CPX Ceo... In that case, I just hope that they keep Riecoin...
Friends, it is with great sadness that I have to announce that we have closed the exchange.

The main reasons are two: The situation in Argentina and my health.

The tax pressure in Argentina and the increasing regulations, plus the problems we have faced in recent times, are not helping my recovery.

A new exchange will be created in the next few days by members of our community, to continue with the project, in another country, and I am supporting them with my experience and the software that I developed in the last year. I will also make our social networks available to the new exchange so that our followers and users can keep in touch.

In the new project, the PATS will continue to exist in some way. Either as PATS or they could be renamed while keeping their value, or they could be redeemed for a new token. I recommend that you don´t sell them.

On the other hand, we have received help from Xeggex to list the coins of the Blake ecosystem, which, as you know, is the community that has been with us since we started.

We have closed all markets and canceled all pending orders to make the funds available for withdrawal.

As we have almost a hundred wallets and we are in manual mode. Withdrawals will be processed gradually from the next few days until March 31, 2024. Please be patient.

I will be available on Telegram: @magcpx for any questions.

M.A.G.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator