StellaPool - Riecoin mining pool software

Riecoin projects, proposals, bounties, discussions about existing Riecoin software,...
Forum rules
Discuss about Riecoin projects like software directly using or supporting the Riecoin's network, allowing Riecoin integration in third party services or providing useful applications. For external projects that make use of Riecoin, discuss about this in the External forum (even if your project is not completed).
Post in the subforums below if applicable.
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 81.509

StellaPool - Riecoin mining pool software

Post by Pttn »

StellaPool is a Riecoin mining pool software, designed as a starting point for new pool operators. It was written from scratch with a C++ backend and a PHP frontend and provides the main features that one would expect from a mining pool. StellaPool also propose an innovative PoW Credits (PoWc) feature, which distributes points to miners that can be "consumed" for services. PoWc are also designed to replace Captchas.

https://riecoin.dev/en/StellaPool
Repository with setup instructions: https://github.com/Pttn/StellaPool

Suggestions are welcome here, and please also report bugs here. Show us briefly your pool project here if you want too, and once done you can create a topic here!
However, don't ask for technical help, for this browse the Help subforum or open a new topic there. Be sure to have read and followed correctly the guide!
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator
Pttn
Forum Staff
Forum Staff
Miner Score: 81.509

Re: StellaPool - Riecoin mining pool software

Post by Pttn »

It has been a while that I worked on it for my Riecoin pool, and also a while that I thought about using PoW as Captcha replacement. It would certainly be annoying to wait for the CPU to produce a required PoW while submitting a form, so a solution would be to "store" the PoW for later use, which a Riecoin pool can do very well. An improvement of this system would be to design a whole PoWc blockchain and protocol as the services still have to trust the pools.
Alternatively, RIC could have directly been used instead of PoWc, but most would certainly not pay actual money to replace Captchas, and this does not prevent a spammer from accumulating a lot of RIC.
PoWc can also simply be used by the pool for rewards or so.

StellaPool replaces NOMP-RIC, which I will no longer maintain.

PoWc can be earned in my pool and consumed in the Riecoin Faucet. Use this code if you want to create your own PoW Faucet or integrate the PoWc system somewhere else. I also invite other pool operators to implement the PoWc system.
Riecoin developer
Stelo.xyz pool operator